Thursday, June 26, 2008

6-26-08

Hello all!

Yesterday we went horseback riding to a hot spring/river! It was really fun, and when we got to the river type thing our guides said we could go down the rapid (swim?). So, we did and it was so much fun, until I almost went down the really steep side haha the current was kind of strong and I got pulled under, but I'm ok! Then Kaillee, Kelsey, and Bailey all came over to my house to practice our dance that we have to do for this fiesta thing on Friday at our school. All of the Spanish classes have to perform something, so we are doing a dance with our teacher! Spanish class is really fun, we just talk in Spanish (obviously) the whole time. Today we went on a hike in the Sta. Elena reserve, it was really interesting to learn about all the different kinds of trees, flowers, etc. native to Monteverde. Tomorrow we're going to a waterfall to swim and such so that should be fun! This weekend we are going to Volcan Arenal (a volcano..) and will stay in a hotel Saturday and Sunday. I am definitely going to miss my family, so hopefully my new family will be just as nice if not more nice? Well I hope all is well in Ory-gon and that the weather is better than it is here (rainy and humid!). I love and miss you all!

Kate

1 comment:

Kendall said...

cuute! i love these blogs! and i love that i get to stay updated on what you are doing!

i am officially jealous of your adventures while i sit at my desk reading about all your activities while you actually are out doing them!

xoxo, be safe and keep having fun! your mom sent denise and i an e-mail fwd from someone about how you guys are still dancing while you are gone...(i just love your mom!..)but, i bet spanish talent shows are totally awesome! hehe...

hugs!, kendall