Tuesday, July 1, 2008

7-1-08

Hello!

I haven´t written on this for a while so I guess I will just talk about the last couple of days. So we arrived in Heredia on Sunday night around 7.. my family picked me up and then we went to a birthday party at Burger King! Haha it was really fun! Cake, pinata, the whole shabangy. Like all of their family was there so it was really fun to meet and talk with them. They kept on making jokes but it was kind of hard to follow because they talk so freaking fast. I met my host family´s mom´s cousin who is 15 and we talked for a while, so that was fun too. Yesterday we went to this river (I forget the name..) and saw two sloths, some nice monkeys, 3 iguanas, a crocidile, a cayman, toucans, and other things that I cant remember. The monkeys are my favorite! They are so cute but so loud, I tried to imitate their call but it was a lil hard.. anways..

Today we went on a tour of Heredia! We took the bus to downtown and then went to the market and bought a bunch of fruit that we dont have in the US. Then we went to the park and ate them it was so good! Haha before we went to the park we stopped at this bakery and when I was standing there this old man like came up to me and just smiled and then like patted me on the shoulder. Then like one minute later he came back and just smiled and said something in spanish and left. Then he came a third time and was like patting me on both my shoulders it was so funny haha, a little weird, but really hilarious. Ok, so anyways.. after we got to the park we split up into two teams and had a scavenger hunt. My team didn´t really listen to directions so we did a bunch of stuff taht we didnt need to do, but regardless it was really fun running around town and talking to the locals about random stuff. Everyone hates the Costa Rican National Futbol team! After that we had lunch and then had school. Our teacher in Heredia kinda sucks. All we have been doing is grammar and like memory with animal vocabulary. But, we talked to her today about what we wanted to get out of class so hopefully tomorrow will be better!

Tomorrow we are going to a butterfly farm, so that should be fun! Especially since Bailey is crazy scared of butterflies. After school we have a cooking class.. Im hoping we learn to cook something besides beans in rice. To be honest, it´s getting a little old haha. Well I´m going to head out now, hope everything is well in Oregon. I love and miss you all!!

Kate

No comments: